Sunday, August 24, 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 1, Day 1
Objective: Discuss classroom expectations, policies, and procedures.  Learn proper use and care of Chrome Books.  

Welcome back and welcome to English III: American Literature! 

  1. Welcome!
  2. About Me
    1. As you can see, the teacher in the room is NOT Mrs. Avalos.  Senor Galvan will be your sub for the first six weeks of the school year.  I celebrated the birth of my second baby girl, Ellie Faith Avalos, on August 8th.  I expect to return on Monday, October 6th.  This means that the first six weeks will be a little different than what you're probably used to, but Senor Galvan and I will be working very closely together to make the first six weeks as close to "normal" as possible.  Senor Galvan was my Spanish I, II, and III teacher when I went to school in Godley.  He is an amazing teacher and I feel very blessed to have him as my sub.  
    2. A lot of this class will be taught through this blog.  That means that you are actually going to have to READ my blog.  I will try to be very thorough when writing my blog out, but that means that it will probably be long.  Hang in there because more than likely, if you have a question, I have attempted to answer it on here.  
  3. Supplies
    1. 1 subject spiral notebook (PLEASE do NOT get a multi-subject spiral for this class!)
    2. Blue or black ink pens (we WILL NOT use pencil in this class!!!!!!!)
    3. Red, purple, or any other different color pen(s) (for grading)
    4. personal headphones
    5. wireless mouse (optional!)
  4. Chrome Books
    1. Bring your CHARGED chrome book to class EVERY DAY! 
    2. Take care of it!
  5. Bookmark my blog in Google Chrome.
  6. Bookmark my website in Google Chrome.  
  7. Fill out this short form
    1. **Okay, sorry, maybe it isn't THAT short.**  
    2. You will need to finish the form in one-sitting, otherwise it will make you start all over.  
  8. If time permits, we will go over the class blog and my website.  
  9. We will go over policies and procedures in the syllabus tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment