Week 28, Day 1
Objective: Determine the meaning of grade-level technical academic English words in multiple content areas derived from Latin and Greek roots; Analyze the internal and external development of characters through a range of literary devices; Demonstrate familiarity with works by authors in American fiction from each major literary period; Make complex inferences about textual evidence to support understanding, Draw and support complex inferences from text.
- Bell Work: On a separate sheet of paper or at the BACK of your spiral, write down everything you know about F. Scott Fitzgerald, the author of The Great Gatsby. There is author information on page 729 of your textbook.
- Issue The Great Gatsby books
- If you lose it, the replacement cost is $15.00.
- Begin reading Chapter 1 of The Great Gatsby
- Take notes
- No SAT Quiz this week.
- No school on Friday.
- Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Monk will be in tomorrow to go over your schedule for next year.