Objective: understand proofreading marks and how to edit
Frame: We will learn and understand the proofreading marks.
Closing: I will explain why it is important to use the proofreading marks when editing.
- Bell Work:
- Handouts: turn any papers that need to be returned to me to the tray at the back of the room.
- On a separate sheet of notebook paper, with your heading at the top right corner, title the assignment "Why Am I Here?"
- Write at least 8 sentences describing why you believe you are here.
- Here can mean whatever you want it to mean...here in this class, here in Granbury, here in Texas, here on Earth.
- Plexer/Fortune Cookie of the Day
- Copy the proofreading marks at the back of your spiral, if you have it. If you don't have your spiral yet, copy them on a separate sheet of notebook paper.
- DRE (Daily Revising and Editing) Sheets
- Typically, given to you on Mondays.
- Due Friday (or the last day of the week)
- Use these proofreading marks to correct the sentences.
- Graded on Fridays
- "I Am" Poem Assignment--begin rough draft
- Please have your supplies by Monday. If you have any trouble getting them, please let me know privately.
- Blue or black ink pens (we WILL NOT use pencil in this class!!!!!!!)
- Notebook paper
- 1 subject spiral notebook (PLEASE do NOT get a multi-subject spiral for this class!)
- Composition notebook
- Colored Copy Paper (optional)
- Kleenex (optional)
- Handouts...All due to the tray by Friday at 4:00pm.
- Orange Bell Schedule
- Yellow Student Information Sheet
- Blue Parent Contact Form
- White Syllabus
Post a Comment