Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 33, Day 1
Objective:demonstrate familiarity with works by authors of American Literature from the time period 1914-1945, analyze the ambiguities, nuances, complexities within the text and anticipate and respond to readers' questions or contradictory information, reflect on understanding to monitor comprehension, use technology as a tool to accomplish these objectives, read for detail. 

  1. Bell Work: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."  Mark Twain  What is Twain talking about here?  Can you explain why teenagers tend to have the attitude expressed in the first sentence?
  2. Turn your "Ethics" rough draft in to Mrs. Avalos
  3. Watch more of The Great Gatsby movie
  4. SAT Quiz on Friday.  
  5. Don't forget about your "Ethics" Writing Assignment--Due TODAY!
    1. Paradox Essay
    2. Rachel's Essay
    3. "My Ethics, My Codes of Life" Writing Assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment