Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 21, Day 3
Objective: recognize distinctive and shared characteristics of cultures through reading; understand cultural background to literary texts, grade level vocabulary, and listening for understanding.
  1. Bell Work: What is point of view?  What is the difference between omniscient and limited third-person (limited omniscient) point of view? In your own words, what is stream of consciousness and what are some examples of it? 
    1. Yes...at least 70 words.
    2. Yes...at least 2 SAT words from this semester.
  2. Read "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce (p. 480)
  3. If time, work on Vocabulary and Literary Terms (p.478)
    1. Lit. Terms
      1. Point of View
      2. Omniscient Point of View
      3. Limited Third-Person Point of View
      4. Plot
      5. Stream of Consciousness
    2. Vocabulary
      1. Etiquette
      2. Deference
      3. Dictum
      4. Summarily
      5. Apprised
      6. Ineffable
  4. Reminders:
    1. I will not be at school tomorrow.  You will watch the video of "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" and then have a test over the short story.
    2. Be good for the sub.
    3. I may not have access to my email during the day, but you may email me if you have questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
    4. Week 20 SAT Quiz corrections will be due Monday at 4:00pm.
    5. Next week I will only be at school on Monday.  If you have questions about your book project, you better ask me before I leave!
    6. Week 21 DRE due on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment