Week 3, Day 2
Objective: Expand vocab through reading, listening, and discussing; rely on context to determine word meaning; and apply meanings of prefixes, roots, and suffixes in order to comprehend.
Bell Work: 11 years ago today, the worst terrorist attack on the United States took place. September 11th is now considered a National Day of Service. What are some things that you can do today or plan to do today to show your patriotism, to exude service, and/or to honor/remember those who lost their lives 11 years ago. If you can't think of anything, write about what September 11 means to you.
- Bell Work Requirements
- Write 30 words, minimum
- Underline the 10th word.
- Open Strategies for Unlocking Word Meaning
- In another tab, open Strategies for Unlocking Word Meaning Worksheet
- Save a copy of 250 Stems and Roots to your HANDOUT section
- Work with a partner and complete the worksheet listed in #3.
- When finished, turn it in here
- Study your SAT Words
- Remember these tests are cumulative and will build up to no more than 50 per test.
- Study! Study! Study!
Post a Comment