Objective: Determine the meaning of grade-level technical academic English words derived from Latin roots and affixes; Use dictionaries and thesauri as needed; Demonstrate familiarity with works by authors in American fiction from each major literary period; Revise drafts to clarify meaning and achieve logical organization by adding transitional words and phrases; Write an interpretation of a literary text that identifies and analyzes the ambiguities, nuances, and complexities within the text and anticipates and responds to readers' questions or contradictory information; Reflect on understanding to monitor comprehension.
- Bell Work: None
- SAT Words for Week 19
- Discuss Edgar Allan Poe Author Information (p. 288-290)
- Discuss the "Smiley Face Tricks" Assignment
- Vocabulary and Literary Terms for "The Fall of the House of Usher" are due Friday.
- Begin reading "The Fall of the House of Usher"
- As we read, work on "The Fall of the House of Usher" Reading Guide
- Due Friday
Post a Comment