Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 25, Day 3
Objective: recognize distinctive and shared characteristics of cultures through reading; understand cultural background to literary texts, grade level vocabulary, and listening for understanding.
  1. Bell Work: The story you read last week was by Shirley Jackson and took place in a small rural village. The people are gathered for the drawing of a lottery. Consider what you know about small towns. What are some characteristics of a small town or community? What is it like living in a small town? When you think of a lottery, what do you expect to take place? How would you define a lottery? Have you or do you know someone who has participated in a lottery? What was the outcome?
    1. I know there are a lot of questions, but answer all of them and remember to use at least two SAT words and a minimum of 80 words.
    2. Remember, I'm planning on having the Bell Work due by the end of this week.  If you're not caught up, I would make sure that you get it done!
  2. Finish up the discussion questions over "The Lottery" from last Thursday that you worked on with a partner or two: discussion questions
  3. Create a Google Doc and title it: YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME Bucket List
  4. You will create a list of AT LEAST 25 things you want to do before you "kick the bucket" or die.  I know it may seem morbid, but I think everyone should have a bucket list. I will have a form for you to submit it tomorrow. 
  5. Work on your Leadership and Membership Resume and Professional Resume.  
  6. If there is time at the end of class, you may read silently or play Free Rice.
  7. I miss you and, as always, BE GOOD FOR THE SUB!
  8. Remember that I can see your computers from home (the perks of technology).  Stay off of games, YouTube, and anything else that you know I would NOT approve of.  
  9. Feel free to tweet me @AvalosEnglish or email me if you have any questions!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment