Objective: SWBAT write in a voice and style appropriate to audience and purpose, use technology for aspects of writing, vocabulary development, establish and adjust purpose for reading such as to find out, to understand, to interpret, to enjoy, and to solve problems, read silently with comprehension, read to be entertained, to appreciate a writer's craft, to be informed, to take action, and to discover models to use in his/her own writing
- Bell Work: Free Write...Write about anything that you want to write about. (At least 40 words, underlining every 10th word, and include at least 2 of the current week's SAT words.)
- Grade DRE
- Unlocking Word Meaning (from yesterday)--about 10 minutes to finish this up with your partner/group. Due Monday.
- Free Read (preferably not a textbook or magazine)
- Free Rice (make sure you are signed in and in my group)
- If you can't get into my group (haven't received the confirmation email) it is okay, I'm still working to resolve the issue.
- You can still play to gain knowledge and help others!!!!
- Free Write (maybe you like to write...you may do so, write a novel, a diary entry, song lyrics, a poem, whatever you are inspired to write.)
- Study for your SAT Week #2 Quiz on Monday (see the links at the top of this blog for Quizlet and Study Stack links)
- SAT Quiz on Monday!!!! (Week 1 and 2 words will be on there!!!!) STUDY!!!!!
Please note: Fridays are not a time to work on things for another class. You need to be productive for English class. Please stay on task. This is NOT a free day. This a chance for you to do what you enjoy the most with regards to this class: reading, writing, or vocabulary development.
The more you write the better writer you will become.
The more you read the better reader you will become.
You have to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!