Objective: Expand vocab through reading, listening, and discussing; rely on context to determine word meaning; and apply meanings of prefixes, roots, and suffixes in order to comprehend.
- Bell Work: Communication plays a big part in life. When someone has the option of speaking or writing, when does he or she choose the latter? In complete sentences, write the circumstances or situations in which writing is preferable to speaking and why. Write at least 40 words. Use at least two of the 20 SAT words.
- Open Strategies for Unlocking Word Meaning
- In another tab, open and make a copy of Strategies for Unlocking Word Meaning Worksheet
- Save a copy of 250 Stems and Roots to your HANDOUT section
- Work with a partner and complete the worksheet listed in #3.
- When finished, turn it in here
- Study your SAT Words
- Remember these tests are cumulative and will build up to no more than 50 per test.
- Study! Study! Study!
Post a Comment