Sunday, September 21, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 5, Day 1
Objective: understand cultural background to literary texts, grade level vocabulary, and listening for understanding; revising and editing

  1. Bell Work: clear off your desk and get ready for your SAT Week #4
  2. SAT Quiz #4
  3. Work on Week 5 DRE
  4. This week is Banned Books Week!  
    1. This is a week celebrating your FREEDOM TO READ!  
    2. Read this article About Banned and Challenged Books
    3. Think about how YOU feel about banned and challenged books.  Think about YOUR opinion of censorship.  (Hint: you'll be writing about it for tomorrow's bell work!)
  5. Don't forget to study your new SAT Words for Week #5.
  6. Announcements:
    1. I am almost done grading the Onondaga, Modoc, and Navajo Origin Myth Open-Book Tests.  Those grades should *hopefully* be in by the end of today.  You only need to worry if it is a ZERO.  Then, you may email me.  
    2. I am being pretty lenient on turning stuff in late right now.  That is because I am not there.  I will be back on Monday, October 6th.  At that point, there will be no excuses for turning work in late and I will be following the district policy on late work.  
    3. I still have to grade the assignments from "To My Dear and Loving Husband": TP-CASTT, Vocab., Literary Terms, and Open-Book Test.  I am working on getting this done this week.  But please be patient with me.  
    4. I also want everyone to know that I can see your chrome books from my house! With that being said, I am REALLY enjoying my time with Reese and Baby Ellie and AM NOT creeping on you all day long.  However, if I happen to be on my computer during nap time, or another lull in my day and I catch you doing something that you are NOT supposed to be doing, I can and I will write you up. I might give you warning, I might not.  Please use your time in my class wisely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment